Costume 2010: Super Mario

"Clothes make a statement.  Costumes tell a story." ~Mason Cooley

This is long overdue.  But I'm posting it nonetheless--for the mere fun of it.  So, yeah, my son wanted to be Super Mario last Halloween.  And not just the regular Mario, mind you.
He even drafted me this so I know what he's talking about.  As if I was just born yesterday. 
The overalls was easy.  The corduroy material didn't cost much and didn't need much.  Made a regular pair of pants from a pattern I already have and just added the bib & straps.
Took the buckles from an old pair of overalls and re-used them for this pair.
The most challenging was making the hat.  I looked all over for a white hat but for the life of me, I couldn't find any.  So I made it out of old t-shirts and scraps. Check out this tutorial and try it.  That was the most challenging part but I did it.
Mainly made out of triangles (trials and errors).  These were my practice pieces and eventually used them as lining.
The brim had cardboard in it. And the logo was made out of felt materials.
 
So did the mustache.
And voila! He had a great time with his fun outfit but the mustache was a bit itchy that he didn't wear it for the most part.  Good thing, that wasn't hard to make!
There you have it. By the way, if anyone wants this costume, it's up for grabs. It's about size 9ish. All you need to do is make the mustache. Easy peasy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Calendar

SOMETHING RED...

The Adventures of Tintin