Upcycling turns things into other things---which is like magic!
Made this laptop cover for my Tomato out of old Trader Joe's bags and leftover felt materials. It wasn't hard to make--just took time and space. #madewithLOVE | june2016
The word that is heard perishes, but the letter that is written remains. ~Proverb What do you do with those old wall calendars, old magazines, scrapbook paper with really nice images, or just plain nice quality paper. Well, here's one way to revive them. Make envelopes. Just open up any used envelope for a template. Trace and cut away. You can bring this project anywhere...while waiting in the car or at any sports practices/events. Before you know it, you have a dozen made. Just enough to have a stationery set to give as gifts. To go with the envelopes, TC did a calligraphy for one of her dearest friends' birthday with her initial, "L". She scanned and we resized to fit 2-up on an 8.5x11 cardstock. Final touch: tie the cards and the envelopes together with ribbons from my recycled stack. Black lace looked very elegant, don't you think? And off it went to Lee-Anna for her birthday whom TC regularly corresponds via let...
Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. ~Charles Richards I used to buy calendars based on its aesthetics--cover and inside pages. Now I purchase them for practical reasons. I kept most of my old calendars because I liked the design thinking it can be reused for another year. I never did. All the while, I didn't want to throw them out. They're quality-made. So, here's one solution I came up with: Use it as a photo book. Why not? It's so easy. Potpourri of photos I've received from friends over the years, insignificant but memorable pieces of paper, ie. ticket stubs, fortune from the cookie, stickers, etc., filled the pages of this 2000 Made In China desktop calendar. I have another one, Hecho En Mexico , somewhere. Now if I can only find it. Here's a work in progress: One of the reasons I chose this calendar was because of the vintage images and it's Chinese (my kids love looking at the old stuff...
"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them." ~Richard L. Evans Six years ago, we had a Red Party for my son's 2nd birthday. Everything was red. From our invitation to our food: watermelon, lasagna, fruit punch. We had a lot of red items so it was easy to plan. For favors, we put together MY RED BOOK . I had my 2 older girls (then 7 & almost 5 years old) draw pictures of anything naturally red. They did most of the work. I just assembled them. They had a great time brainstorming and drawing simple images that came in red. Like a crab (when it's cook, of course.) A Robin (ever heard of the book, The Round Robin?) Photocopy on 8.5x11 white paper. Believe it or not, I did not have any working computer at that time. I overworked 2 iMacs but we had a copier that still works to this day. Cut in 1/4s, punch holes and assemble with brads. Add any stickers that come in red (like the...
Comments
Post a Comment