Meet Mr. Incredible

He's the cool senior pastor of New Heart Community Church in La Mirada, Southern California, since the mid-90s.  A wonderful husband to Abby of 17 years. (She once told me she started praying for her future husband at 12 years old age.  Never too early to start praying for the perfect mate.) A fun father to four ultra-talented children (3 boys-16,14,12, & an 8-yo princess).  An awesome photographer since his youth (using film, not digital, folks).  Do you know that he does both when requested? Facilitate a wedding and take photographs right there at the altar!  Oh, and he's a graphic designer by trade, and a board member of My Refuge House, a ministry established for the purpose of providing a safe home to young women and children who have been rescued from sex trafficking.  He also speaks powerful messages to youth in rallies and camps.  

And lastly, I just discovered that he's a crafter, too.

Check out his first attempt of re-fashioning an old couch (my kind of thing to do!)
His exact words:
My Sunday afternoon project: fix the couch or succumb to my wife's request to buy a new one. Here's the before. . .
It was a bit of a challenge to reupholster with a small $79 walmart machine. (I cannot fathom any of my male friends having a photo like this but there it is!  I just adore this image--especially if you know the personality.)
. . .and after.
The final piece.  Impressive, don't you think?
I am now full-pledged fan of Señor Danilo Cortez!  (Thanks for letting me share this, Danny!  I love it.  If you can do this on a Sunday afternoon, so can any of us.)  Simply inspiring.

Danny & Abby are good ol' friends since college days.  What a sweet feeling to be referred to as "old friends."  It resonates, "we've been through some stuff together."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Calendar

SOMETHING RED...

The Adventures of Tintin