"CAPS FOR SALE" (Long time no post!)

Wow, has it been that long?  More than a month.  Time definitely doesn't wait for anyone!

Well, I've been sewing and RIPPING like crazy.  I like the sewing but the ripping part is soooo tedious. I don't like it one bit. But it comes with the territory. My kids didn't put in their order for their costumes until two weeks before all the festivities (school carnival, costume parties, harvest festivals). They were reluctant to ask because they didn't want to overwhelm me. In fact, the girls stopped asking me 3 years ago due to the homeschooling demands. How thoughtful! Now that I'm not homeschooling, I have more time in my hands, right?  NOT!

Actually, I'm glad they asked because I missed sewing costumes for them. I hope to post them when time allows me to do so.

In the meantime, I thought you'd enjoy these hats knitted & crocheted by my then- eleven year-old who is now 14. She learned from her aunt while we were in Oregon. Then she took off from there. We bought & borrowed books on knitting and crocheting, and she just followed the directions. Here are just some of her lovely creations that she gave away as gifts. (Note: the head mannequin is so much smaller than the human head so the caps looked big.)

"CAPS FOR SALE"
If you have a little one, this classic book is a must read.

TC also entered a craft contest back then, and won!  The prize wasn't monetary nor was it even any knitting materials but she was featured in a craft magazine.  She was glad to be able to contribute.
Pattern above, for the green hat, is from her first grade teacher, Mrs. Lee, who is now retired. (Correction: She never learned knitting from me.)
Knitting is a boon to those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad. 
~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, At Knit's End

I always have my knitting kit, a point & shoot camera and a book with me to drive away any boredom while waiting anywhere.  What do you have at hand? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Calendar

SOMETHING RED...

The Adventures of Tintin