Another Timeless Calendar {Old Calendar turned into An Art Journal}

I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. ~Georgia O'Keeffe

Last year, I posted an old calendar I turned into a scrapbook.  Prior to that, TC was already using another old desktop calendar from 2003 as her art journal.  Here's just some of her entries.
This is a page from the calendar itself.  Gorgeous work by Monet.
Art is the only way to run away without leaving home. ~Twyla Tharp 
But why would she want to run away from home? Maybe from her sometimes annoying sibs? =.)
Painting is silent poetry. ~Plutarch, Moralia
 Collage: Found objects from her desk
 She saved some of her Giants tickets from her dates with her Daddy.
 Collage: What she learned in church
 Pastel (such a messy medium)
Pointillism is a technique of painting in which small, distinct dots of pure color are applied in patterns to form an image. Georges Seurat developed the technique in 1886, branching from Impressionism.
 The Blue Box from the Doctor. Who Else?
 Mr. Savage.  My other daughter's dance instructor.
 Read her thoughts on the different disciplines of ART.  LOVE it.
 Fantine from Les Miserables
 Doodles:  I need to ask her if these are her friends or her family.
 While waiting for her siblings at the pool.  She's a very patient girl.
 More doodles
 Dr. Spock (Chibi-sized)
 Mr. Frodo looking into the Fountain
 The 11th Doctor (I think?)
 The End...
If I could say it (in) words there would be no reason to paint. ~Edward Hopper

Comments

  1. That's really neat. My youngest son loves Dr. Who too. Calendars can have such great pics, they are hard to throw away, and now here's a great reason to keep them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We buy calendars for its aesthetics, and then after the year, throw it away-hard to do! I'm re-using a calendar from 2005 (never wrote on it) which has the exact dates as this year, 2011. I merely print out schedules on another piece of paper, and clip it on. It's too pretty. I'll show later =.)

    Anyway, please let me know when you visit your mom down here, I'd LOVE to have coffee with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Calendar

SOMETHING RED...

The Adventures of Tintin